EE on K-POP

sofiaibkid

Are you doing K-pop as a music EE?

Music EEs require analysis of actual music. That is, you actually have to look at scores and do some technical musical analysis on them during the essay. So don't go that route if you don't know much about music theory, for obvious reasons. 

I'm sure a K-pop music EE would be extremely original, but I worry about whether or not there's enough to talk about for one or two K-pop songs for 4000 words. Pop songs are kind of formulaic, speaking from a musical point of view. I guess you could compare and contrast some K-pop songs to American pop songs?

I don't know how to tie K-pop into another subject if you're not doing a Music EE, sorry!

For History EEs, you have to follow a ten-year-rule, which means that you can't write about anything that has happened in the last ten years. You can't write about the newer idol groups that have emerged since the mid 2000s and onwards.

I don't know so much about History, but I feel that your topic right now leans more toward cultural anthropology rather than history. Have you met with your EE supervisor/mentor yet? They might be able to help guide you to choosing a suitable EE topic that matches with your interest in K-pop.

1 hour ago, Thundercracker said:

For History EEs, you have to follow a ten-year-rule, which means that you can't write about anything that has happened in the last ten years. You can't write about the newer idol groups that have emerged since the mid 2000s and onwards.

I don't know so much about History, but I feel that your topic right now leans more toward cultural anthropology rather than history. Have you met with your EE supervisor/mentor yet? They might be able to help guide you to choosing a suitable EE topic that matches with your interest in K-pop.

My supervisor is **** lol, so I'm pretty much depending on IB Survival to get me through writing this EE...I think I'm going to do another topic anyways, maybe English? Idk, but thank you for your help!