Can't understand Chapter 1 of Physics

Recycle Bin

I have tried everything to understand the Data Analysis/Uncertainties and Errors (Chapter 1) topic of Physics. All I understood in the past papers were the proportionality questions but I don't know how to find uncertainties/fractional uncertainties/absolute uncertainties/percentage uncertainties AT ALL. I just don't understand what formulas to use for the uncertainty questions! They pop a lot so please help.

P.S: I read the textbook, but it doesn't really help me solve the past paper questions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Familiarize yourself with the notions of uncertainties, the way in which you may solve uncertainties. I actually found that topic easy because we had lots of experimental practice with collecting data and calculating uncertainties in both chemistry and physics. If you didn't do this its fine, just grasp the procedure which must be taken solve the uncertainties, it should become easy after some doing practice and self-reasoning. There are a few ways to get uncertainties so make sure you have a solid understanding of one way, which you can always implement and learn the rules that come with uncertainties, they are important.

• Like 1