Biology IA topic question

Vicky Palami

Hey guys, so a few weeks ago I came up with the topic for my Biology SL IA: "the effect of salinity on the amount of oxygen produced by photosynthesis of elodea", but I don't know if it is an acceptable topic, given that one of the prescribed labs was about photosynthesis. In it, we didn't use salinity as a factor, only light and CO2, but I'm not sure if I should do something that is not related to photosynthesis at all, or if my topic is alright given that we didn't try that factor in the prescribed lab.

Also, spanish is my first language so I'm writing my IA in spanish, but while looking for information in english I found two prezis from 5 or 6 years ago by IB students that made a very similar experiment, so I'm scared that the IB moderators will think that I plagiarized those people (the prezis only had the data and not the complete lab report so maybe I'm good to go but I would like to hear someone else's opinion). 

Thank you.