Do You Need to Collaborate with Other Students in CAS Projects

Short question. Do CAS projects require collaboration with other IB students from your school? It says on the CAS guide that the projects simply "involve teamwork", but that's really vague. I thought it meant teamwork with people in general - not necessarily with other students. But some of my friends say that the CAS projects have to be done with at least one other student for them to be valid. Is that true?

It may vary from school to school, but I believe, in general, it means that you need teamwork with any other individual(s). It's best to check with your coordinator though as they may have a preference.

On 20/10/2016 at 10:27 AM, Thundercracker said:

Short question. Do CAS projects require collaboration with other IB students from your school? It says on the CAS guide that the projects simply "involve teamwork", but that's really vague. I thought it meant teamwork with people in general - not necessarily with other students. But some of my friends say that the CAS projects have to be done with at least one other student for them to be valid. Is that true?

I wasn't sure about that either, until my interview with my CAS co-ordinator

She said a CAS project is identified when lots of planning/preparation and teamwork (can be small teams of 3-4) is put into it!

(She had recently attended an IB meeting so this must be true, unless it's just our school) Make sure with your co-ordinator anyway