IA Word count/Appendix

Rey

Hey,

So, I have just finished writing up the first draft of my IA. Altogether, I have 2442 words, excluding footnotes, my appendix, cover page and bibliography. Is that too much? My textbook only said that it should be an investigation of 8-12 pages, which it is. I currently have an unnumbered cover page, 11 pages of text, a few graphs, tables and equations, an appendix of one and a half page (pages 12-13), that includes tables with raw data, and a 14th numbered page, that contains the bibliography. Is this too long for an IA? Should I try to cut the words down? Thanks for your help :)

Edited by Rey

I don't think you should be too concerned about the length as much as you should worry about content. You should revise thoroughly to ensure you presented all key justifications in a smooth and detailed manner. With that in mind, content revision always goes before revision for the sake of lengthening or shortening a report.