How do you guys write a good concluding paragraph for an academic paper?

IBwillendme

Background info: Grade 9, Pre-IB

I'm not a horrible writer but I've always had trouble writing concluding paragraphs for informational papers. I feel like I just summarize exactly what I wrote earlier, with a bullcrap closing statement because I can't think of anything better to write.

I know I'm not explaining myself well, but basically what I'm asking is: How do YOU write your closing paragraph? Do you have a format or something that you follow?

Thanks a lot.

My closing paragraph is essentially a restatement of my introductory paragraph, with a definite statement on the situation (I.e. How successful was X in using Y in Z"). I was taught it's important for your essay to "tie together" so that when the examiner reads the introduction and conclusion they can see it's a truly conclusive paper that has been written.

Disclaimer: That's the way I've been taught, so it might not be the optimal or best option to do that. 

From my experience, the closing paragraph should rephrase the thesis statement (or hypothesis in a scientific paper), summarize the body paragraphs very briefly, and perhaps open to further discussion on the topic (or in a scientific paper, further experimentation). That's what I've used throughout my life, and it never seemed to raise any problems.