What did you write you math EE about?

JesseWilkins

7 hours ago, JesseWilkins said:

What was your research question?

Without giving away my entire investigation, I looked at how effective such representations of equations can be constructed and be beneficial to understanding. I then applied the nomogram to a specific equation from physics and tried to evaluate if that enhanced understanding. 

With the proof/demonstration of different sizes of infinities, be sure to not completely stick with textbook proofs and try to provide your own spin in it. In my EE for example, I didn't just do proof of how matrices can encode information for a nomogram, but I tried to be reflective and evaluated the effectiveness of nomogram as a medium of communication (like charts and graphs). This is especially important in the IA with respect to the Personal Engagement criteria. So you have to ask: what aspects of math you can elaborate upon that will not be in a typical textbook or tutorial?

The EE is a way to showcase your perspectives and ideas instead of existing, textbook-standard proofs or whatnot. A key part would be to orient the topic to your benefit. In other words, the EE is not about the complexity of math you presented, original or not, but rather how creative or thoughtful you and your ideas are.