Science SL

BananaWaffle

6 hours ago, Jaysun said:

I'm as confused as @mac117. pretty sure IB would prepare syllabus and materials before beginning a new course. Is there a link for the curriculum or something?

The course is basically like Math Studies equivalent in Experimental Scienes; And I think that it's the same as Nature of science, it's just that it's called simply Science in my school.

I can't link you anything even though they said it's official and I'm just as confused as you are :D 

1 hour ago, BananaWaffle said:

The course is basically like Math Studies equivalent in Experimental Scienes; And I think that it's the same as Nature of science, it's just that it's called simply Science in my school.

I can't link you anything even though they said it's official and I'm just as confused as you are :D 

So you're not doing Nature of Science SL? Or did your school just call it "science" but it's the same as Nature of Science? If it's official a syllabus would be nice to see. How else will you know what to study, let alone the teacher? 

I think what BananaWaffle meant is actually SL Nature of Science (NOS) as kw0573 already suggested. This is currently treated as a pilot subject with the first examination in May 2017, which is only available at some schools on a trial basis. Maybe if this trial succeeds, it will become an official IB subject, who knows? I guess it's also the reason why the syllabus is not available to the general IB community yet. You guys can read more about it here: https://ibpublishing.ibo.org/server3/apps/handbook/index.html?doc=d_0_dpyyy_vmx_1509_1_e&part=2&chapter=3. Note that you can also see this subject on next year exam schedule: http://www.greenville.k12.ny.us/hschool/ib/May2017Exam_schedule.pdf

• Like 2