IA Help

exhumetoconsume

My Physics IA is "how does the diameter of a guitar string affect the fundamental frequency, provided the tension remains constant?" and all my practical work finished. I organized my data into a spreadsheet that also calculates the fundamental frequency to compare with my results, which can also be used to find a correlation in diameter and frequency. However, I am lost; my results show a reasonable frequency, but my calculations seem way off. I will provide the link for the spreadsheet via PM. Can you see what is actually wrong, and if so tell me how to correct it? My paper is due in 3 weeks and I don't want this to stall me.

Edited by exhumetoconsume

Sorry out of topic but, I don't think it was great idea for you to post your results on here because anyone can take them and use them as their own, and you will be accounted for plagirism (This is the EE, it is a matter of getting a diploma or not) >.< You should have had someone PM you and discuss this together privately just in case :P 

Edited by So Young
spelling .-.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, So Young said:

Sorry out of topic but, I don't think it was great idea for you to post your results on here because anyone can take them and use them as your own, and you will be accounted for plagirism (This is the EE, it is a matter of getting a diploma or not) >.< You should have had someone PM you and discuss this together privately just in case :P 

Crap, you're right. I'll take down the public view. New around here so thanks for the advice.

• 4 years later...
On 10/27/2016 at 12:27 PM, exhumetoconsume said:

My Physics IA is "how does the diameter of a guitar string affect the fundamental frequency, provided the tension remains constant?" and all my practical work finished. I organized my data into a spreadsheet that also calculates the fundamental frequency to compare with my results, which can also be used to find a correlation in diameter and frequency. However, I am lost; my results show a reasonable frequency, but my calculations seem way off. I will provide the link for the spreadsheet via PM. Can you see what is actually wrong, and if so tell me how to correct it? My paper is due in 3 weeks and I don't want this to stall me.

Hey please im also doing the same ia but im super lost i know its a stretch but can i see how you did yours