CAS and Clubs

I am a first year IB student and I am just now beginning my CAS. I am involved in BSU (Black Student Union club) at my school; I was wondering how I could apply this to my CAS or in general if I even can. I am the Vice President of the club, my duties include; organizing weekly meetings, collaborating with the other officers, organizing our yearly MLK assembly, and connecting with other schools to create events for discussion. 

There's a lot of ways how you could apply BSU activity as your CAS.When writing your activity description you basically need to summarize your activity answering questions who,what,when.where and why.You could say what your aims are and how you're working towards it to achieve them,you could talk about your role in the activity and how your role is important,how you're interacting with others and etc.You can also link your activity to learning outcomes.For example, Initiative& Planning because you meet with your group to discuss and also are planning to organize MLK assembly,Collaborative skills since you're the Vice President of the group and are discussing and collaborating together and etc.

I hope this helped!

Hello! Hope you're finding the IB alright.

What I.tothe.B has said is spot on.

This is actually a brilliant activity. I personally think it would count as a CAS project as it can be both Service and Creativity (since you're organizing sessions, organizing assemblies, etc). Simply just keep working with your BSU activity as you normally do, except remember to regularly write up short but meaningful reflections on what you've done recently in BSU, what you aim to do, what you feel about it and why you're enjoying it. 

I really think it is a CAS project though, but that judgement depends on your CAS Advisor. Simply ask your Advisor what he thinks about it.

I'm quite experienced in CAS as I've completed it. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.

Edited by sodonewithib