ESS IA

Nutella_lover

Guys is this a suitable topic for an ess ia 

I want to do an analysis of generation gap of energy consumption 

So ill look at age but by age i mean student vs teachers which would specify the generation gap and compare the results of the energy consumption they consume 

And my hypothesis would be that the older generation which is the teachers consume more energy then younger ones because the younger generation is more aware by social media 

Someone please guide me :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello I think this is a great topic!!

How would you collect the data though? Would you do a survey around your school? And also would you have to randomize which students you pick and ask?

Also. I am an IB student and had a few questions regarding your IA.

Your IA doesn't sound like an experiment but more of a research project. I'm thinking of also doing a research project. For the report when you have to list your methods, what would you list? Would you describe the process of surveying people?
THANK YOU SO MUCH

Well depends if you think the kids at your school would reply to a survey sent online for example survey monkey then go ahead and sent it out or if not just print the surveys out and go around asking people to fill it out then and there. And in your method just state it as random sampling method. 

Yes describe the process of surveying people. For the methods I just list all the questions im going to ask in my survey and example you could also state 1) distributed survey through school email.  Things like that..

Hope this helps.

Btw what are you doing yours on?

@Nutella_lover OKAY Thank you so much! But yea i dont think i can truly randomize mine since I need data from every country in the world. I simply dont have the means of communication to randomly survey people from every country. So i'm trying to reach out to kids at my school with relatives out of the US.

My IA is on how the wealth of a nation affects the quality of its public transportation. These are technically due later, but my teacher wanted us to turn it in way ahead of time.

What do you think of the whole IB Program? I kind of don't like how open ended everything is because I never know what the graders are looking for.

Your topic sounds interesting, something new and unique! Since you take ESS can you help out on how i can link me research question to a environmental issue cause they want that in the introduction but i dont know what to say? My ia now changed to a investigation on environmental attitudes between gender. And my hypothesis would be that women are greener then men. and i have an article to support this. However i just dont know how to link it to and environmental issue???

I think the IB's good but dont like the fact either how open ended everything is and cause each examiner has his own way you know what i mean??

Edited by Nutella_lover