Written Assignment: Help!

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could help me out on choosing a topic for my English B HL WA. My book is The Great Gatsby and I previously thought about writing a new ending for it, though the teacher argued writing a very idyllic ending in which he would not die and be with daisy would not be attainable (spoiler alert: he died and daisy ran away with Tom). I mean I could do a news report on Gatsby's assassination, but that is too "mainstream" and besides doing something creative, the Written Ass. has to be coherent and make sense: the type of text must allow it to include "connections" with the literary work chosen.

I would really appreciate if you could give me some advice out here,

Richard

What I did for my written assignment was write a letter from the perspective of another character - you could do that? 

For example, you could do Gatsby, Nick, Daisy, Tom, etc.'s perspective. Or a minor character like Wilson.

Personally I would do a diary entry from Daisy's perspective - she's got a lot of emotional conflict to deal with