Biology Internal assessment idea of effects on different concentrations of inhibitors on enzymatic activity.

Elie

Hey guys, 

So we are just starting our biology IAs and actually my lab proposal was due last week but i've jumped around ideas for a long time and discussed them with my teacher but he doesn't give me any real advice and just tells me to research unlike the chem teacher. So i've finally come up with the idea of the effects on different concentrations on inhibitors on enzymatic activity and was wondering if that was a plausible IA question. I'm bio HL so i'm a bit afraid i might be doing something simple. 

But the idea is that i use some kind of enzyme and substrate and then add different concentrations of inhibitors (if possible) to find out the reaction rate. I'm thinking of using colorimetry to do this which will give me absorbance over time and that will be my rate. 

Please inform me if this idea is good or bad because i could really use the criticism, my teacher is really no help anymore (although the lab technician is pretty nice) and i just wanna move forward with this and be assured that i'll get the best mark that i can. 

Really hoping for a response 

thanks. 

Edited by Elie
spell check