Neuroscience MSci

melliflower

I want to apply for Neuroscience MSci in the UK. I'd like to apply for UCL and Leeds for sure (I don't know what I'm predicted yet - 38-39 probably), but I am not sure about the rest of my list... Manchester? Glasgow? Nottingham? KCL? Sussex? Help me please... Which would be the most expensive option in terms of accomodation, nutrition? Where would I be considered, while I have no experience in the field (my Bio IA is on lipase; my EE is in English Lit, never shadowed a scientist, I only once went to open lectures on cognitive sciences in use at Warsaw University; I read maybe 3 books about the topic - I can read more; however, I play the violin semi-professionally and always was very curious about the brain processing the notes, music, etc.). Usually they all want roughly 34-36 points, except for UCL, which wants 38 points. Thanks in advance!

Generally in the U.K. the trend when it comes to accomadation is the further north you go from London the cheaper accommodation gets. KCL and UCL are in London so, of the list, accommodation will be most expensive there. South England's accommodation tends to be more expensive than up North so Sussex would probably be next expensive after the London universities. Keele or Glasgow would probably be cheapest in terms of accommodation. Manchester or Leeds would probably be next cheapest after Keele and Glasgow. Nottingham would be somewhere in the middle.  I wouldn't know which would be more expensive or cheap in terms of food. The bigger cities might probably be cheaper as you'd have more options to choose from. 

You will not be at a disadvantage at any of the universities you are to applying for not having Neuroscience related work experience. It's not a prerequisite and several students apply and get accepted without having an opportunity to do these. As long as you get the grades and can tailor your personal statement to showcase your enthusiasm and suitability to study the subject that should be enough. This year Neuroscience at Keele was in clearing. Clearing is when UK universities have extra spaces on their course and runs from July to September... October sometimes... (right before the course starts). Some universities advertise these spaces on the courses in clearing.

Edited by ChocolateDrop
  • Like 1