IELTS exam score??

duff

Can someone please tell me if these are good ielts scores? 

-listening: 8.5

-reading: 7.5

-written: 7

-Speaking:7

-Overall: 7.5

Should i retake it or leave it alone... i have checked with the unis im aiming for and they requires 7.5 for an advanced level with no score below 7... but as far as i know im only on the dot. 

i also took igcse first language and got an A, currently taking IB Eng LL at sl. 

any advice or opinions are welcomed!! thanks:)

Edited by duff

I got a 7.5 too, was pretty disappointed considering I studied my ass off with English LL over the summer and have consistently been getting 7s.

To quote my counsellor "it's not good, but it's not that bad bad either". For all intents and purposes it's usable, just as you've pointed out, but if you're not going into the UK and thus have other ways of proving your English proficiency, especially for top schools, you're better off not using them unless they require you to.

Since you're still at DP1, retaking it might not be a bad thing as you can prepare better for your next one. Just be sure to prepare well for your next tone with proper material and practices. That said, IELTS is really costly for a test -- make sure money isn't an issue should you want to take it. 

Edited by IB`ez