-Calling all chemistry nerds-

gugi

I am not a Chem genius, for sure. :D However, there is one called Richard Thornley, who is a genius. :) Here is the link to his youtube channel: 

He explains all the topics and subtopics comprehensively and actually I enjoy watching his videos. I strongly suggest you watch these. 

By the way, if you don't have the Study Guide by Oxford, then buy it. It's incredibly useful. :) 

And relax. It's only the first year. Do your best, and it will be fine :) 

• Like 3

Not a genius either, but I think that practice and thorough understanding of the knowledge before applying it will help you succeed. Read through your notes, write summaries of each chapter, and then try practice questions at the end of the book.

If you feel like it, try doing some past paper questions, but not too many since you want to make sure you have some left before your exams in 2018 - when you do the same paper over and over again you won't really do the exercise since you'll memorise the answer by then. 

Most important thing is to talk to your teacher when you don't understand something. DO NOT bite your tongue from "shame" or anything similar. If you keep the doubt inside you will feel worse during tests and do much worse. If you don't want to address the questions during the class, stay and ask after class.

Cheers!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • mac117 locked this topic