Development Economics Diagrams

Hello,

I am writing one of my commentaries about development economics. It is based on tied aid in an African LEDC, that will improve its transportation infrastructure. I am going to draw a PPC with an outward shift, but I don't know about a second diagram since a Lorenz curve would not fit my topic. Does the poverty cycle count as a proper diagram? And can I use any diagrams from other sections of the course because there is really only a few diagrams in development economics.

Yes, as far as I remember essay questions on development economics almost always include diagrams from other sections, or none at all. Even document-based questions on development economics will tend to ask about concepts from other sections like micro/macroeconomics. A suitable diagram for your case could possibly be one which shows the change in aggregate supply/demand, depending on whether you are looking at long-term or short-term. You could draw a poverty cycle, but I don't recommend it as it's a very self-explanatory diagram and the amount of words you spend explaining it won't yield very much value, and explaining a diagram like the PPC or AD/AS would be more meaningful.

PM me if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to help :)

• Like 1