Do you think this is a good topic for my physics IA?

ibpotterhead

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about investigating the effect of surface on angular momentum of a spinning coin. I'll be spinning the coin on various surfaces (wooden table, plastic, cloth etc) and measuring its velocity by using slo-mo camera. 

Would this be a good IA? All suggestions are welcome, thanks. 

P.S. I'm in Physics SL

It think it's a good topic if you can ensure you are more or less releasing the coin the same way (such as same initial angular velocity). It may also be interesting to first do the investigation on one surface many many times to see if you get a distribution of angular velocities or fairly consistent ones. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

i am thinking on doing an investigation on the relationship between magnetic field and electric field... that is... i will be rotating a round metal disc which is electrically charged between a magnet which is highly magnetized.... i will change either the strength of the magnet or the distance o the disk from the magnet which one is better i am confused... or any other variable?