MATHS SL NOVEMBER 2016

nicol

I thought it was unfairly difficult.  It asked questions in styles that have never been asked before, and the overall difficulty of the questions was harder.  Question 10 should not have been focused on factorials (the derivative part was hard, but fair enough) when they are barely a part of the course! I'm very disappointed.

There's actually a petition to make the IBO aware that the grade boundaries should be reduced.  A number of people feel very hard-done by that two years' worth of hard work and time learning maths was pretty much nullified by the difficulty of the paper.  I feel the same way.

Fortunately paper 2 was reasonable :)

• Like 2

On 11/11/2016 at 9:38 AM, nicol said:

Hey guys!!!

How did u guys find maths sl paper 1? I found Section A quite easy and when i started Section B i thought the same until i reached to the last question!! It was really tricky!

Hey, I found the section As of both the paper easier compared to Section Bs. But, I spent to much time on thinking and doubting my answers. As a consequence, I ran out of time and couldn't finish the paper. 

• Like 1