dihubs

I am currently enrolling in the diploma program and I'm taking math hl, physics sl and chem hl. I am wondering should i worry about the universities later and focus on my subjet choices that will get me through ib, or select my subject choices based on my targeted uni? Help

And if you don't know what you want to study, look at all your subjects collectively and see if you have a mixture that will allow you to pursue various different areas depending on what you study - of course, you won't be able to study everything, but try and make sure they keep your options as open as possible. In essence, yes, your subjects are important to consider for universities since some courses will have requirements!

I think it is important you start thinking about the course you'd like to pursue. Brainstorm ideas, research around, make a list of your favourite subjects in an order and see what you'd like to do in the future. 

Then perhaps choose your HLs and SLs accordingly.

I'd say it is important to choose subjects as per the course if you have one in mind. (E.g. medicine -> 2 HL sciences + at least SL maths required)

If not, look for a course as that fits your favourite subjects. You should be able to see a pattern in your choices: e.g. if you are an Arty person you'd prob have taken Art/Drama/Music and perhaps English A       If so, a musical/theatrical/creative career lies ahead of you :) 

Hope this helps!