physics IA problem

ahmed

hi

so my physics IA is about projectile motion ( investigating the effect of angle of projectile on the range of water projectiles)

i will be first calculating the velocity of the water hose through the formula Q=AV  and then i will launch a projectile with varying angles (15,30,45,60,75) with the same velocity that i have calculated and talk about how they influence shapes of water fountains etc.... with the influence of air resistance and graphing it and talking about why the angle 45 is the optimum angle for furthest range 

i asked my teacher and he said it was fine however i feel as it is too simple...

if it is, what should i change to make it more complex

Edited by ahmed

• 2 weeks later...

So the 45 angle degrees is based on various assumptions and conditions. For example, negligible air resistance, no wind. You can first identity these conditions and explore other conditions to see how the optimum angle may change. It may be ok for SL if you make it slightly more complex, you may want to look for other viable options for HL if you don't think you can't make it very thorough.