Motivation please

Juniorjb

Hye guys,

I'm really stressed out about IB right now. I know its only been couple of months since I started my IB this year. At first I was really excited to study hard and proud to be called as an 'ib student'. But as I got tons of homework, projects, assignments etc, I could not really handle this.. I know everyone is in the same situation as me. I reaally in need of some motivation from senpai or from lovely strangers here ! Please say something that can make me,,, i dont know, happy? or motivated to study again. Or let's share your problems as well and help each other maybe ;')

• Like 1

As someone who's been through it and survived, IB is a challenge. To tell you otherwise would be lying.

For me, it was kind of a love-hate relationship with the program while in it. On one hand is great to be able to call myself an IB student. To able to run around my high school and know I was among the best of the best, academically at least. On the other hand, the workload is intense and you don't get to do much else. It was a lot of coming home and after school and doing school work until I went to bed. With the exception of Friday nights when my friends and I would go watch high school football (and talk IB).

Now that I'm done with IB and in college, I don't regret IB. I have more 'free time' than most of the kids in my college. While they are all worried about how to write a 5-page paper, I have a been there done that attitude. I've written longer papers and have learned how to effectively communicate ideas through writing most of the time. IB taught me time management skills and how to study effectively. 

I remember the homework would come in waves. Weeks with nothing major just some textbook reading and maybe a reflection or two.Then there would be weeks where it seemed like every class had a test or essay due. But, I also knew somehow it would pass and I would survive. Whatever your teachers throw at you, just know it will eventually end. You will eventually get through it and be able to look back on it. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I understand 100% since i'm going through exactly the same thing atm.

Basically, think of all the bragging rights when you've graduated, basically just imagine graduating, and take everything one at a time. I often tend to stress out when I start thinking of allll the things i have to do, but I find it easier when I take each assignment one at a time. in order of deadline. like, Ok I have an English presentation tomorrow, let me focus on that, rather than any of the other things, get that out of the way, and then take the essay that is due in three days and start on that. Also, coffee + chocolate.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm almost done IB. My final year was the hardest from day one but I got though it by saying "I'll drop out next week" and procrastinating it so much I finished all my work and then realized there was no point to dropping out. Not very healthy but worked for me. I also ate chocolate and going for walks in nature with fresh air is extremely helpful for stress. Try to meditate and clear your mind every now and then.