How to study ahead for economics SL?

ibgirl2018

Hi! 

So I'm coming up to the end of year 10, and have gotten textbooks for IB. I would really like to study ahead in the holidays, especially for economics, a subject I have had no experience with. As I have had no experience, I have no idea how to start studying. The textbook I have is Economics for the IB Diploma, published by Cambridge. If anyone has any recommendations, tips or any experience at all related to this, please let me know!! 

Thank you :) 

• 8 months later...
Guest TheMagical7

Hey :P

That Cambridge textbook is quite good, by Ellie Tragakes right? Just read through the chapters one by one. Cover the introductory chapter and move into Microeconomics, cover competitive markets: demand and supply. If you do all that and you're still confident going through it by yourself, cover Elasticities. Remember to answer all the questions in your own notebook, and NOT in your head.

Remember that the only thing you should be memorising is the definitions of a particular concept, like this one: "Supply is the quantity of goods and services that producers are willing and able to supply." - do not try to memorise the whole chapter. It's all about just understanding the concept. Take notes of everything though, it will help you internalise what you've learned.

I find it very easy - and though the textbook is good, I learn everything only by paying attention in class and taking lots of notes. 

Ignore the HL data stuff, but pay detailed attention to how to draw good diagrams, diagrams are ESSENTIAL to all your essays.

Do note that my teachers say that the gap between Economics SL and HL is not much! If you like it, go for HL because the maths is at Math Studies level I believe.

edit: okay im 1 year too late goddamnit

Edited by TheMagical7