english 11 ib iop things fall apart

M.B.

ok im really scared to talk in front of the class for a long period of time.It has to be 10 mins and i think i want to do my iop about European colonization in africa.Any tips on making it exciting and not just a basic presentation and also any tips on presenting??thank you in advance

I think you can make videos and stuff. just make it interesting throughout the IOP. even though it literally says presentation doesn't mean that you have to talk live for 10 mins. My IOP is even longer than 10 mins. Honestly, time doesn't really matter. 

And also, isn't the IOP supposed to have something to do with one of the works that you are reading for part 4? (My IOP is on Thursday and I'm doing it on Martin Luther King's speeches)

Have no idea I'm new to ib but my teacher let us choose partners even tho he's timing us seperately and everyone has to do between 10 to 15 . We read fasting and feasting and we're reading things fall apart .My iop is next Thursday haven't even started it

Hey @M.B.,

Hope the IB has been good so far.

Sorry to hear you're nervous about it. However I can tell you this, 10 minutes may sound long, but once you're up there and presenting, it passes by like nothing. You've done 5 or so minute long presentations before, right? So what's another 5 gonna do?

Make sure your topic is interesting and something your class has studied. Since you're reading Things Fall Apart, then European colonisation fits quite nicely. Still confirm it with your teacher though! Our teacher doesn't let us do anything unless he checks over it first. If you're worried it's not going to be interesting, which you shouldn't worry about anyway, have a chat with your teacher and ask for advice on how you can make it a unique, yet still effective presentation. 

You have to make sure that if you're adding anything spontaneous or different in your presentation, it still adds value to it. I'd just recommend doing a normal presentation anyway as it's the easiest way to get your arguments and points across while staying in the time limit.

I wish you the best of luck!