Should I stay in physics HL?

Tayl0r

Hey @Tayl0r,

Sorry to hear that. We may not be in the best position to judge whether you should stay or not. It is ultimately your choice to decide whether you are going to be able to put in double the effort to improve in Physics or whether you should have a go at an easier science for you. Have a talk with your Physics teacher and with your IB coordinator and discuss this with them, what their opinions are, how you might be able to improve, or otherwise, what the alternative is.

Keep in mind that if you do switch courses in the end, you'll have to catch up on 3 months worth of work. If you feel you'd like to do that though, see what your teachers think.

Good luck with the rest of the IB.

I'd recommend you stay in HL Physics if you're willing to put in extra effort in it. On our first test in mechanics I know several people that got 2s and 3s and then on the 3rd test few of them moved up to 6s and one even got the highest in the class (7) and the others dropped. So if you want you can choose to work your butt off and be the latter or if you believe you are capable of succeeding more in another subject, definitely go for that. 

• Like 1

I'd recommend you stay in HL Physics if you're willing to put in extra effort in it. On our first test in mechanics I know several people that got 2s and 3s and then on the 3rd test few of them moved up to 6s and one even got the highest in the class (7) and the others dropped. So if you want you can choose to work your butt off and be the latter or if you believe you are capable of succeeding more in another subject, definitely go for that. 

• 1 month later...