too late for ib?

saraya perez

It really depends on whether your school will allow you to do so. Basically, ask your school. 3 months is a decent amount of time, but it can be possible to catch up, though it may depend on your subjects. I'd recommend asking your teachers, and sorting it out ASAP.

Hi @saraya perez,

I agree with @apoello. That's a question only your school administration can properly answer. 3 months is alright, it's possible to catch up although it will be quite a lot of work that may overwhelm you. Have a chat with your school director/your teachers/IB coordinator and discuss it with them. That's the best advice I'm able to give you.

Best of luck :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saraya perez said:

@sodonewithib@apoello     Thank you for the response :D . Would it be harder to cope if i chose  Maths Sl , Literature and performance Sl , Spanish ab [never been taught] Sl , Chemistry Hl , Biology Hl and Psychology Hl .

Am i also too late for CAS , EE , TOK ? 

No problem! Happy to help :) All the subjects are fine, manageable and if you put in the time and effort, you'll do well in them. The only one that I've heard some people complain about is Chemistry HL, a lot of people who take it in my year have sometimes been struggling, but again, it just depends on the effort and level of knowledge you have. Psychology isn't taught at my school unfortunately so I don't have any experience or opinions on that (my school sucks in terms of IB course variety...)!

Too late for CAS, EE and TOK? CAS, as long as you complete the majority soon, I think you'll manage. EE, I'm not sure as there are different deadlines across different schools and TOK, nah, you don't really learn a lot of new stuff in TOK. It's more of forming opinions, arguments and theoretical debates which anyone can do and catch up on easily. Talk to your IB coordinator about those, they'll see what they can do for you :) 

Glad I helped, take care!

Edited by sodonewithib
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, saraya perez said:

@sodonewithib@apoello     Thank you for the response :D . Would it be harder to cope if i chose  Maths Sl , Literature and performance Sl , Spanish ab [never been taught] Sl , Chemistry Hl , Biology Hl and Psychology Hl .

Am i also too late for CAS , EE , TOK ? 

Please think about your decision before joining IB. I really wish i could get out of IB right now. IB is not for everyone. There is a lot of stress when you get into IB. Teachers give you a lot of work. There are IA's and an EE which are basically essays. I'm struggling in some of my classes. I have A's in all my classes except Biology. I have an F in Biology HL but that's because of my teacher. Before you choose Bio HL, please see which teacher is teaching the subject. Your teacher plays a major role if you want to pass the Bio HL Exams. Please, please, please think about your decision before joining IB. 

• Like 1