Written task 1 - please help me

So I decided to write a letter from the perspective of a Jewish refugee who moved to England during WWII. My teacher said I might have to reconsider the perspective because I'm pretending to be Jewish and writing a letter in English, when I would most likely be writing in German.

If I state in my rationale that I have intended for the text to have originally been written in German and my text is a translation, would this solve my problem? I don't know if this would work since it might be not authentic enough or something.

Hi @Christina,

That's a very good question actually. In this case your teacher is the one who knows best so the only proper advice I can give you is to have a talk with him/her and ask what will make your piece as authentic and legitimate as possible. I don't want to give you wrong advice! Since your teacher already knows your topic and what you intend to do, just ask what the best approach would be.

Good luck!

22 hours ago, Christina said:

So I decided to write a letter from the perspective of a Jewish refugee who moved to England during WWII. My teacher said I might have to reconsider the perspective because I'm pretending to be Jewish and writing a letter in English, when I would most likely be writing in German.

If I state in my rationale that I have intended for the text to have originally been written in German and my text is a translation, would this solve my problem? I don't know if this would work since it might be not authentic enough or something.

Answer above...

On 01/12/2016 at 0:23 AM, Christina said:

@Blackcurrant, I am writing in the perspective of a 13-year-old Jewish girl. She is writing to her mother who is still in Germany.

Hi there Christina,

That's a tricky one. First of all, what part of the course is this for and which learning aims are you trying to accomplish? If you did translation for part 1 of the course then this task could work well. If not, then it depends what you are trying to achieve and for which part.