Help me with subject selection please!

HKbaby

I'm in Year 11 MYP right now and we have to make our subject selections for DP very soon. In order to get into the degree I want to do I'll need at least a 43/45, which I know is crazy hgih - but hey you gotta have dreams. I need advice on what subjects are the easiest to score 7s in, because I could swap around some stuff with sciences and humanities. See the list below:

HL - Language A: Eng lang lit, Economics, Geography

SL - Maths, Mandarin Ab initio, Biology ?

I'm a diligent student, so would work hard, but I also want to have a life :')

Hey again @HKbaby,

It's quite hard to know what would be the best for you since we don't know what field you want to go in after school. I will tell you this though, make sure that you don't stress yourself out too much since you're aiming for nearly full points.

English Lang Lit is actually very easy if you're interested in the subject. It's got a nice mix of both language (propaganda, advertising, etc) and literature (poetry, plays, short stories). If you work hard, you're likely to get a 7 in it. I was doing really well in Year 12 with a 7...

Generally, I think your choices are fine. As long as you're willing to put in the time and effort into your studies and assessments, you should find the IB alright.

Good luck!

Are you considering taking Math SL or Math Studies SL? Because, as an SL students, the only thing I learned during this class is that it is completely pointless: It's level is way higher than anything you will be required to know within the humanities, and it is not enough to get into pretty much any science or finance course. So, if you are considering Math SL and your dream uni course doesn't specifically require you to have at least SL Math, go for the easy seven in studies.