How do I cite an interview I conducted for a History EE?

nikhi

Hello!

I am submitting my History Extended Essay on the Partition of India in 1947 soon. In the essay, I quote and reference an interview I conducted with my grandfather who was displaced as a boy by the events I am writing about, making it a pretty valuable primary source.

Where should I put the interview in it's entirety? It's not in published form obviously, so should I put it in an appendix? Is this recommended for History EEs?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, sodonewithib said:

I would put it in the appendix, yes. There's no other place to put it that would be suitable. The appendix is there to put any sources/images/interviews/etc that will not fit in the actual essay :) 

Good luck with the EE!

I was told today that the Appendix is not going to be read by examiners. Should I still include the whole interview in the appendix? Atm I have the quotes I need worked into the body of the Investigation so theoretically I could do without it.

2 hours ago, nikhi said:

I was told today that the Appendix is not going to be read by examiners. Should I still include the whole interview in the appendix? Atm I have the quotes I need worked into the body of the Investigation so theoretically I could do without it.

Yep, as long as you have the information you need incorporated into you essay, that's absolutely fine :)