BIO IA TOPIC HELP

nadi0987

Hi guys. I really need help in my Biology IA. This is my first time doing an IA. I'm taking Bio HL. I'm doing egg osmosis. I know there are many experiments on that. I was thinking how does solute concentration affect the rate of osmosis in eggs. Is this a good IA topic? Should I think of other factors that can affect osmosis? Also can you guys tell me what do you think about Bio HL if you are taking it? I am struggling in that class. I don't have the greatest teacher. I wish I could get out of that class. Hope you guys have a great day!

Edited by nadi0987

Hi nadi =), 

The idea sounds good, before looking at other factors to explore though, how are you planning on measuring egg osmosis? What equipment do you plan to use? Just so that I can get a better picture of what you're doing. At the time being, try to focus on one factor, get that straight in your head, if you think you need more factors, you can think of some more later; set your foundations first =D! 

To answer your last question, having just completed the IB =), BIO HL is a tough one, but it's totally beatable! If you are struggling, have you thought about approaching a tutor, or other resources to help? I certainly did, and It helped me tremendously! =D 

If you have any further questions don't hesitate and ask! =)