Can I do law with the following subject combination?

IB Girl

Hi guys. Just to give you a little bit of info about my background. I would like to study law in prestigious universities in UK. I heard that english literature HL makes me a more competitive applicant if I were to do law. However, my first language is not English and my language proficiency is just above average. So I am afraid that I will not be able to do well in English Lit. My strongest subjects are Physics Chemistry and perhaps economics. 
What is the best subject combination for me? 
Thankss:D

Hi @IB Girl,

I helped someone else with a very similar question a few days ago. It may help answer your question, so have a look at it:

To summarize, the prestigious universities in the UK I researched look for 38-41 IB points and one essay-based subject, as well as 666 in HLs. As long as you have a Lit or Lang Lit subject, you should be fine. As Literature requires more reading and writing (therefore has a bigger workload), then yes, it would stand out when applying. If you're unsure of what to do, have a talk with your IB coordinator and academic guidance counsellor so that they can discuss what to do and how to help you achieve your goals :)  The challenge is to pick your best subjects and ones you find the most interesting so that you do well in them and achieve the IB point requirements. As for Literature, if you put in your time and effort into your reading and assessments, you should be fine.

Hope I helped! Good luck in the IB!

Edited by sodonewithib
  • Like 1