Deciding IB Sciences

nval

Hi,

I'd doing my second year(10th Grade) of IGCSE, and next year I will be taking the IB.

I am strong in all of the 3 sciences that will be offered at our school, but I can't decide which two to take at HL. Right now I am definitely taking;

HL: Maths, Literature, (two sciences)

SL: Geography, Language B German

For my 'final' decision, I put both physics and biology. This is not final, but I need to change it soon if I would want to. 

The reason I chose these two is because the physics teachers at our school will guaranteed good ones, however, that will not mean that they are any easier. 

Can anyone give any advice to choosing sciences that will allow for me to have a lot of options, because I have no idea what I want to study.

Hi :)

If you want to go into med, take bio and chem HL. That'll basically include everything like doctors and nurses.

For engineering take Physics and math HL (bio/chem if you wish), physics is mostly for engineers, so yeah.

Oh and don't choose it based on the easier or harder teacher. Do it on the basis of what you like.

Hope I helped.

• Like 1

If you're already taking Maths HL, I strongly suggest taking Chemistry HL. It would open you up to both medicine and engineering, the most rigorous science courses. The second science is a toss up between Physics & Biology depending on whichever one you like better. Physics might be slightly better regarded than Biology on occasion, but that's not for certain. 

imo generally 4 HL subjects aren't worth it – it increases workload needlessly, universities don't care etc.

• Like 1