Urgent Biology IA Question - PLEASE Help

IAQuestionHelp

To keep it short and simple, I never really had the first meeting with my Biology teacher where we would have discussed my IA topic. But I went with one I had anyways and made a very nice lab report on it; great statistics and great general analysis. However, I spoke with my teacher yesterday and he said that my topic was more of an "ESS" topic rather than a Biology one. He actually suggested I do everything again, which would be 5K words out the window, as well as a lot of time spent. 

My IA research question is "What is the germination and vigour of lentils"; Where I then have 3 different lentil varieties that I made 4 replications of each for. (50x4) 

Then the point of the IA is to discuss the importance of seed testing; where I bring up a bunch of things about how it's important to find the best seed lots to sow etc. But this seems to maybe be a bit on the commercial side of things... Perhaps not being as Biology directed as I had intended/thought. Which is why he argues that I don't have a sufficiently good "aim" to be basing my investigation off of, as well as no counter variable, such as a pre-treatment to compare to a controlled variable. 

I hope this is understandable and that someone helps me out here... I will re-do it all if I have to, but I really hope I don't have to.