General-ish IB questions

sofiau709

I'm planning my courses for my junior year and I have a few questions:

- How hard is French 4 HL? (i am doing well in pre-ap/honors french)

- Can I take a Spanish IB test without taking the class and if yes, which would I take? (i'm a native speaker)

- Do ivy league school look down upon taking math studies?

I am sorry if these are straightforward questions, my school seriously gives no guidance.

The difficulty of French HL is pretty subjective, it would depend on your ability, how hard you work etc. I'd advise you to expose yourself to french books and other media, e.g blogs, vlogs, movies, music, articles, news channels. 

With IB Spanish, you'd have to arrange with your school to take it without taking the class because there are internally assessed aspects of the course e.g oral assessment. I've known of some native students taking an IB language course without actually going to a class so it is doable. 

As for Math Studies, from what I know of Ivy Schools, Maths studies shouldn't hinder your application. You can always check with the universities you're thinking of applying to. Also, you probably wont get any credit for your math studies grade... then again credit doesn't tend to be given for SLs.