Math SL IA Topic Help

Ayan09

Hi guys thanks in advance for any helpful criticism and recommendations.

I have been trying decide on a topic for my ia and had decided that I would do it on 'game theory'. However my math teacher decided that it is below my level and would not meet the expectations of the course. So now i am trying to figure out some new topics which might be interested to do.

So far i have come across boolean algebra and its applications in building logic gates which are essential in digital circuits. My ia would investigating how boolean algebra is used and applied when building a digital stopwatch. I am afraid however that my topic will be rejected again due it being related to physics to a certain extent.

So please tell me if this idea is feasible or not and if possible any recommendation on improving this topic or any new topics.

Thanks.

I would actually stick with the game theory idea since probability trees and expected values are still part of the math sl curriculum and of course tie in with game theory. The prisoner's dilemma, for example, can be modelled as a probability tree diagram and one can also find the expected value of the number of years in prison for different situations.

If your game theory topics involves probability and statistics, you should stick with that.

• Like 1