Written Task Language and Literature SL

Ishi01

Hey!

I am in Language and Literature SL and need to submit a Written Task first week of next year. I was planning to do an electronic message. More specifically, a WhatsApp conversation between 2 friends.

My question, is a WhatsApp conversation acceptable in IB for Written Task and if it is, to follow text type conventions, should it be really informal (including slang, abbreviations and emojis)?

14 hours ago, Ishi01 said:

Hey!

I am in Language and Literature SL and need to submit a Written Task first week of next year. I was planning to do an electronic message. More specifically, a WhatsApp conversation between 2 friends.

My question, is a WhatsApp conversation acceptable in IB for Written Task and if it is, to follow text type conventions, should it be really informal (including slang, abbreviations and emojis)?

A written task is about analysing language, thus as long as you have a rich conversation and have background information about the conversation and the 2 people you should be fine.