Chemistry HL IA- Please help me out

Ovi

So I am initially doing my experiment on  'The effect of tarnishing on the electrical conductivity of different metals' with my aim being trying to prove that electrical conductivity changes when a metal is tarnished, but I am unsure of this IA as it has a lot of physics in it (

calculating the conductivity of a metal) and my teacher said she is unsure whether  or not I will be able to do so. My IA is due in about 2 months but time is running out, please can someone give me any advice?

Since electrical conductivity is a physical property, this is indeed a more physics oriented IA. I'm not too sure how exactly you'd measure this, and if you want to make this chem centered then you will have to talk about tarnishing process in your analysis (oxidation perhaps?). Basically, you would have to attack it from a chemistry perspective and focus on the reaction more, and maybe WHY does tarnishing affect conductivity.

The only chem IAs I've seen that involve electricity were all based on electrolysis, but yours sound interesting. Hope this helped. Good luck!