What happens if you do not turn in the biology Internal Assessment?

rdtaylor

10 minutes ago, Gaurav19 said:

Pretty obvious... you don't get the diploma + wasted your time doing the IB. So do the bio IA.

It's a bit more complicated than just doing it or not doing it. I was wondering because at the time of my school's deadline there were personal reasons as to why I was not able to fully complete it and my teacher wasn't sure about allowing an extension. I wanted to know in the case of not getting an extension what would happen. Please don't be so passive aggressive as well

• Like 1

Lol, im not being passive-agressive. Since IA's are sent off to be evaluated by IB, it all depends on when they are being sent off, in relation do the IA due date. I suppose most teachers would have the deadline a few days/a week before it is to be sent off. So you might be able to get an extension, but don't count on it. Personally, none of my teachers would give me an extension because we get several months to do the IA.

What I understand from your reply is that the deadline already happened, and you didn't hand in the IA, at least on time. In that situation, you should have talked to your teacher/IB coordinator. But in case, I misunderstood (due to your tenses) and the IA due date is actually in the future, you should do as much as you can because getting a mark is better than not getting a mark. 

All in all, if an extension isn't granted, talk to your IB coordinator/do as much as you can. An IA is necessary to get the IB diploma.

Hope I helped & that everything goes well for you.

Good luck :)