ITGS EE - how much should I focus on each part of the ITGS triangle

CX7ZMR

I'm doing an ITGS Extended Essay and know that I should be primarily focusing on the social / ethical significance mainly. My topic is blockchain technology and i am thinking about explaining the IT system in the introduction with background information. My question is where should I discuss application to specific scenarios? Should I make my topic, "to what extent will the growth of block chain technology impact our interaction with the internet", more specific to one type of scenario, such as IoT? Or should I discuss how the block chain will impact a variety of specific scenarios and then explain who the stakeholders are? 

Edit: I'm not sure there would be any stakeholders that I could interview for primary research is that a problem?

Edited by CX7ZMR

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/2/2017 at 11:28 AM, CX7ZMR said:

I'm doing an ITGS Extended Essay and know that I should be primarily focusing on the social / ethical significance mainly. My topic is blockchain technology and i am thinking about explaining the IT system in the introduction with background information. My question is where should I discuss application to specific scenarios? Should I make my topic, "to what extent will the growth of block chain technology impact our interaction with the internet", more specific to one type of scenario, such as IoT? Or should I discuss how the block chain will impact a variety of specific scenarios and then explain who the stakeholders are? 

Edit: I'm not sure there would be any stakeholders that I could interview for primary research is that a problem?

Well to start with the tech field always has stakeholders, it really depends on your topic. Speaking of your topic... I really am not sure why you're your picking a topic like blockchain. If you do that, you're gonna have to inadvertently talk about Bitcoin and there's a whole host of social and ethical issues you can explore there. Personally I think your topic is slightly flawed as I really don't think blockchain technology is that revolutionary that it can make an impact on the way people interact with each other on the internet...

On 1/20/2017 at 7:02 PM, Dosco said:

Well to start with the tech field always has stakeholders, it really depends on your topic. Speaking of your topic... I really am not sure why you're your picking a topic like blockchain. If you do that, you're gonna have to inadvertently talk about Bitcoin and there's a whole host of social and ethical issues you can explore there. Personally I think your topic is slightly flawed as I really don't think blockchain technology is that revolutionary that it can make an impact on the way people interact with each other on the internet...

You clearly then do not understand what block chain technology is. While block chain is most commonly used for bitcoin, it can be used as a replacement for virtually any type of service or communication that utilizes a server based network. This removes a host of road blocks people in 3rd world countries face and people in countries in the U.S. take for granted. With these new possibilities block chain is going to even out the playing field for people around the world, creating new opportunities and evening out the playing field.

On 1/24/2017 at 11:06 AM, CX7ZMR said:

You clearly then do not understand what block chain technology is. While block chain is most commonly used for bitcoin, it can be used as a replacement for virtually any type of service or communication that utilizes a server based network. This removes a host of road blocks people in 3rd world countries face and people in countries in the U.S. take for granted. With these new possibilities block chain is going to even out the playing field for people around the world, creating new opportunities and evening out the playing field.

I fully understand how a blockchain works but can you really tell me the best (current) real world application of the blockchain technology that the average internet consumer uses? Currently its only bitcoin thus you will have to talk about it. Anyway, you are free to choose whatever topic you want but I personally would not write on a topic where it's all based on hypothetical scenarios and "potential of xyz technology".