IOP- Persepolis (Help needed)

nachosstruggles

Hello,

I am doing my IOP on the book Persepolis and I am working on "How people abandon religion when faced with conflict/misfortune/adversity".

X
by TurboMac

I have written about like 5 pages just filled with notes and evidence of where people abandoned religion in Persepolis (mainly focusing on Marji the character) but I still haven't written an actual thesis or introduction I guess and I'm struggling in doing that I don't know how to form it how to make it um interesting from the start. 

I will also record an Interview with Marjane Satrapi the author asking her questions about "How people abandon religion when faced with conflict/misfortune/adversity" but I'm not sure what type of questions I should ask... 

So if anyone could help me or give me advice that would be great.. :)) 

Ps. My course is SL English Lit.

Edited by nachosstruggles

7 hours ago, Blackcurrant said:

OK, so *very* briefly: Interview as an option is fine for an IOP.

But the focus is problematic. How will you talk about Satrapi's literary/stylistic choices? This is one of the categories you will be marked in. 

I agree with Blackcurrant, you should focus more on how Satrapi used the characters to portray the disloyalty amongst the people to religion in times of crisis.

• Like 1