TSP in Sydney Uni requirements

LolzDoingIB

Hey guys! I've applied to Sydney uni for a double degree in Engineering and Science. One reason I picked Sydney uni over unsw is due to Sydney's very extensive and prominent Talented Students Program in the sciences.

On their website, it reads that the 'normal' requirement to be invited to this program is by achieving a 99.00 ATAR or greater or achieving expectional results in science or maths subjects. I failed to achieve an ATAR of 99.00 as I only achieved 40 IB points which translates to an ATAR of 98.30 (only 1 mark away in 2 subjects to achieve 42 points (ATAR 99.45))

However, I earned 7's in HL Physics, Maths and Chemistry and achieved an A in my physics EE. I was wondering if Sydney uni would take this in to account while forming their decision?

Thanks for the help in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by 'normal'? Like 'average'? Or minimum entry requirements? I believe they focus more on ATAR than anything else, though there may be a slight chance they'll take you over someone with fewer subjects in the sciences. However, I doubt any of us here can say for certain. Fingers crossed for you!