I survived!

Hey, if any of you need to feel better about your own life and struggles in IB just know that the other day I got dumped, and wrote two IA's the same night. Needless to say, through many tears and caffeine, somehow, I survived.

Feel free to reply with your own IB horror story, to remind me and anyone else who's reading that no matter how bad you have it, somebody else out there has it worse!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gaby said:

I had to write two (TWO) TOK essays, because my first one was so off-topic two TOK teachers told me there was nothing that could be done to fix it, so I had to choose a new topic and write a new essay. I wanted to die. 

Oh god I'm so sorry, that must've been awful... but hey you survived!

Worst experience? Probably dealing with some unfortunate personal circumstances and grieving while reading Voyage in The Dark and La Literatura Nazi en América; two books that are incredibly depressing (Loved Voyage, Nazi Literature I was more ambivalent towards and my reading experience was horrible). I remember staying up until 4:15 A.M. to finish my History IA.

Hitting a wall on the EE where I genuinely didn't feel like I could complete it was't fun, but it was much better than the above. I had realized that IB isn't the end all, be all of life and I also was fortunate to have had some great support from a friend.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wrote three EEs. The first one got damaged, the second one did not match with my subject (my supervisor made a mistake) and I couldn't match it with another subject. Therefore, they did not give me an extension (very unfair) so I had to write my EE in two days an half because the deadline was coming. I spent most of the time in the library of an university reading and writing it, and I slept like 3 hours in those two nights. But I did it!

• Like 3