IB sucject choices

NadinaCastro

Hi :)

I am currently a D1 IB diploma student and I am not sure that I made the right decisions with my subject choices. I think that I am struggling too much with subjects that are not needed for the career that I want to study in university. I would like to study English (preferably English literature) in universities such as Durham, UCL or King's College London in the UK. These all ask for 38-35 points but I am aiming to achieve 42 points. My current subjects are the following:

Edited by NadinaCastro

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I don't know why but my computer will not let me see the whole of ur post so i don't know what u have written as ur subject choices. I know that for Kings and most Russel group universities, (the UK equivalent of 'Ivy Leage'), they want English lit or english lit and lang, (even better at HL), as well as other arts or classical or modern foreign languages. A 42 should be really helpful in getting u into a top uk university, but they also want you to be 'all rounded' so the more CAS and stuff to add on your CV the better! Having GCSEs or iGCSEs as well will be super helpful. Just doing IB in the first place will give you an extra advantage. Good luck!