Souces for Biology IA

d123

Hello,

I chose my Biology IA topic from a book, where they explain the procedure to be followed. I have paraphrased this, however, I would like to ask you if I have to still cite it. If I cite it, isn't it considered as plagiarized? Because the Biology IA should be an original idea? I would really appreciate if someone explains me about it.

Thank you so much,

Danilo.

First off: I see that you're from Colombia, so... Hola, ¿cómo estás? Yes, I just had to since I'm studying Spanish...  :rolleyes:

Anyway. You have to use a source on everything, with the exception being if it's an obvious thing such as "the sky is blue". Otherwise, you have to tell the reader where your information comes from, because it's not you that came up with it. Is your experiment taken directly from the source? If it's just the procedure without any information or claims, then you probably don't have to source it. Like if it's "pour the water into the beaker". You were suppose to write your own procedure though, since it's suppose to be an original experiment.

Hope this makes any sense and might answer your question a little?