Doing SL subject for EE

Nicholas

I'm doing Math Chem and Physics HL and also Economics SL. I really wanna do economics for EE and i know its not recommended doing SL for EE but i just wanna know if anyone else have done it and how's the end result. I'm interest in economics but i don't wish to continue it in university hence I chose SL. If there is any advice could you have please help me out here cause I really have no idea what to do.

Thank you

Edited by Nicholas

Hi,

For me it's not that bad to do EE from your SL subject. You should ask yourself how good you are at this subject and what kind of help you can receive from your Economics teacher/tutor. At my school for example, many of the students choose to do EE form Polish Literature (despite the fact almost all of them have it at SL level) because essays form this subject get usually high grades. So think about your teacher and his/her experience with EEs (because a good guidance is very important). Consider finding out what were the grades from EE in Economics at your school in recent years. If they were good - perfect, you have a good chance of getting one too! if they were bad or unsatisfactory for you - well, you can still try but it may mean that your school is not good in helping students with their EE from Economics.

I wish you all the best for your EE :) and sorry for any mistakes 'cause I'm not native English

P.S. Unless you want to make your EE a 'talking subject' for your Personal Statement when applying to Uni (e.g. you don't have enough things that boost your application) subject you choose for EE should never be of any greater importance.

I did my EE in history, which I took at SL.  It's probably different with science subjects, but I never felt it was a detriment to me in the humanities.  I scored an A for my EE, in any case, and a 6 in history.

Since you'll put loads of time and effort into the thing, better to pick something you'll enjoy!

• Like 1

I'm taking physics, chemistry, and math HL and recently started to do my EE in physics. Although I'm not planning to write my EE in any of my SL subjects, if you are thinking of pursuing a science major, it's probably better to do a science EE. I personally want to major in engineering, so I thought writing an EE in physics would be a great practice before I actually get into university. Looking at your HL subject choices, you might also be thinking of pursuing a science major. If that's the case, I recommend trying one of the science subjects. This is just my opinion, so if you still really enjoy your SL econ, you can just go for an econ EE! Good luck :)