Relationship between water pressure and velocity

crycry

I did a practical on radial hydraulic jumps and I need to explain the theory behind it. I know how to calculate the pressure using pressure=phg formula but I don't know how to relate the water pressure and the velocity of water. I searched for some equations but they are way to complicated and I don't understand which one to use since they seem irrelevant to my situation. Could you please tell me an equation that simply relates the water pressure and its velocity? Also mention what each variable in the equation refers to. Thanks :)

2 hours ago, SC2Player said:

Have you looked at Bernoulli's equation for fluid dynamics?  It provides a relationship between pressure and velocity (amongst a few other variables), and is currently in the engineering option.  

Yeah, I also looked at that equation, but I don't know how to use that equation when I only know the pressure, height, density, and gravitational field strength. I currently don't know the velocity and what that "constant" is. Is there a way to work around this? I'm desperate for help!!

Check out this link  http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pber.html

It provides an alternative definition for the Bernoulli equation, although you'd need to know both initial and final equations.  There's also the continuity equation, although yet again you'd need to know both initial and final values.  If you don't know both the initial or final velocity of the water, I'm afraid I can't help much. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SC2Player said:

Check out this link  http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/pber.html

It provides an alternative definition for the Bernoulli equation, although you'd need to know both initial and final equations.  There's also the continuity equation, although yet again you'd need to know both initial and final values.  If you don't know both the initial or final velocity of the water, I'm afraid I can't help much. 

Thank you very much for helping me. That website actually helped me to understand the concept! In addition to the website, I found this useful pages in one of the physics textbooks my teacher had. 

IMG_4960.JPG

IMG_4961.JPG