Which of my 7 IB subjects counts to my diploma

Ziadbar

What is your 7th subject?? Your signature lists only 6. 

Usually that would be the one which does not fit into the regular IB diploma. For example, it could be a 3rd science or a 4th language. In the regular diploma you have to take one of each group (except for 6, which can be replaced with any other group).

Your signature seems to me like a regular diploma. The 7th subject (the certificate one) could possibly therefore be the one not listed in there. If it's a 3rd science, like physics for example, you can choose which one you want to have as your diploma subject (for example you'd choose physics instead of biology as your diploma science). 

I am not sure how it would work with an irregular diploma, since no-one at my school takes it (or a 7th subject, for that matter). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mac117 said:

What is your 7th subject?? Your signature lists only 6. 

Usually that would be the one which does not fit into the regular IB diploma. For example, it could be a 3rd science or a 4th language. In the regular diploma you have to take one of each group (except for 6, which can be replaced with any other group).

Your signature seems to me like a regular diploma. The 7th subject (the certificate one) could possibly therefore be the one not listed in there. If it's a 3rd science, like physics for example, you can choose which one you want to have as your diploma subject (for example you'd choose physics instead of biology as your diploma science). 

I am not sure how it would work with an irregular diploma, since no-one at my school takes it (or a 7th subject, for that matter). 

Sorry about that. It needs to be updated. 

I take 

HL: Bio - Chem - English L&L

SL: Math, History, French, Arabic A Literature

Plus, do I have to pick my subject of choice before sitting for the exam?

42 minutes ago, Ziadbar said:

Sorry about that. It needs to be updated. 

I take 

HL: Bio - Chem - English L&L

SL: Math, History, French, Arabic A Literature

Plus, do I have to pick my subject of choice before sitting for the exam?

Yes, you will have to choose which 6 subjects contribute to your diploma BEFORE your exams. This means you can get a 1/7 on one of your diploma subjects and a 7/7 on your 7th subject, and still not have the 7/7 count to your diploma. 

• Like 1

@IB`ez almost had it. Usually, registration is when any candidate must finalize the diploma subjects and certificate subject. If the school wants to avoid any late fees, this happens at the latest at 6 months before exams. However because you need 3 HLs, as of right now all your HLs must be diploma subjects. Math and history must also be taken since those are the only group 4 and 5 subjects you take. Therefore there is the choice of French B or Arabic Lit (ie opting for a bilingual diploma) for the remaining diploma subject; the other one then becomes the certificate subject. You can have greater flexibility if you have 4 HLs. Late registration is also possible, at 25-100 euros extra per subject change depending on when you make up your mind. 
EDIT: I forgot that you can elect to take two group 1s instead of a group 1 and a group 2. 

Edited by kw0573
  • Like 3