Math IA: Will the moderators check each mathematical working?

RachelDarma

Hi guys, my math IA is due in 2 days and I'm almost done but I have just realize that one of my formulas are faulty. I'm doing cryptography for my IA and with the formula I used, I got SOME of the answers correct (2 letters out of a 4 letter word :/) but the other 2 don't abide to the rules of the formula. I'm running out of time and I don't know what to do. Do you guys know if the moderators check every single working or do they just trust it? Because my method has been used before so they might not need to recheck my calculations? What do you guys think?

They do check it. It is one of the criterias so I am quite sure they will cut you points for this. :{ 

Criterion E: Use of mathematics

The achievement levels and descriptors for criterion E are different for mathematics SL and mathematics HL.

SL only

This criterion assesses to what extent students use mathematics in the exploration.

Students are expected to produce work that is commensurate with the level of the course. The mathematics explored should either be part of the syllabus, or at a similar level or beyond. It should not be completely based on mathematics listed in the prior learning. If the level of mathematics is not commensurate with the level of the course, a maximum of two marks can be awarded for this criterion.

A piece of mathematics can be regarded as correct even if there are occasional minor errors as long as they do not detract from the flow of the mathematics or lead to an unreasonable outcome.

Achievement level

Descriptor

The exploration does not reach the standard described by the descriptors below.

Some relevant mathematics is used.

Some relevant mathematics is used. Limited understanding is demonstrated.

Example 11

Relevant mathematics commensurate with the level of the course is used. Limited understanding is demonstrated.

Relevant mathematics commensurate with the level of the course is used. The mathematics explored is partially correct. Some knowledge and understanding are demonstrated.

Example 19

Relevant mathematics commensurate with the level of the course is used. The mathematics explored is mostly correct. Good knowledge and understanding are demonstrated.

Example 21

Relevant mathematics commensurate with the level of the course is used. The mathematics explored is correct. Thorough knowledge and understanding are demonstrated.

Example 20