Should I or should I not do an Extended Essay on Biology ?

aminzairi

Soooo.... I decided to do an EE on Biology but after a short discussion with my Biology teacher she said that an Extended Essay on Biology is very hard to score an A so should i switch to English B considering all the IAs that i need to do in Year 2 ?? if any of you guys had done an EE on Biology can u pls give me a piece of advice and state the grade that you guys got for your ee or maybe you know a friend of yours who did an ee on biology and got his/her ee grade. 

• Like 1

I think you should do it in a subject you're invested and interested in. I chose chemistry, and whilst coming up with a topic is tricky (*sigh*), I think I'll only be able to do it because I actually enjoy the subject. For me, there was also a  possibility to do the EE in English A or German B, which would have been 'easier' to complete, but because the amount of effort I'd put in would be sub-bar, there would be no point in me doing so.

Remember your EE should be something that further expands your knowledge in your area of interest. Sure, I could do an EE in history so there would be no experiment involved, but the amount of effort I'd have to put into reading etc. would make me absolutely hate the whole process - especially since you should spend good 15-20 hours or so doing your EE.