Written task 2 help

Hey guys, I'm taking the english langlit high level course and I'm currently having some trouble scoring a high mark on written task 2. Most people in my class chose different text types to analyse such as advertisements, articles, graphic novels and I chose a song. I feel like artists don't really incorperate literary devices into their songs and I don't know how to analyse a song if there are no literary devices involved. Someone help! btw my song is If I were a Boy by Beyonce

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, literary devices are quite common in songs, for example metaphors are often used. In Beyonces If i were a boy the uses the metaphor "if i were aboy" to represent how she would act if she was a man and how other men should act. There is also a lot of visual imagery, such as "Id roll out of bed in the morning and throw on what I wanted and go" making the listener imagine what it might be to be a man.
All you need to do is to go very in depth and over analyse every word and sentence.

I think that you chose a very intresting and original concept for your written task and I hope that you get a high mark :)

• Like 1